Griha Pravesh Puja
• Avg. Preparation Time : 2-3 Hrs
• Puja Performance Duration : 8 Hrs
• Days : 1
• No of Pandits Required : 5
Amidst the most auspicious Pujas performed in Hinduism, the Griha Pravesh Puja is conducted on the occasion of purchasing a new Home or House or after the renovation of a Home. Performed to ensure peace and harmony in the new House, the Griha Pravesh Puja holds both, scientific and spiritual value for every Hindu believer and follower.
Three types of Griha Pravesh have been mentioned in our Ancient scriptures and Vedic books:
• Apoorva: The first entrance of the members to a newly constructed Home or a newly selected piece of land is referred to as Apoorva i.e. New Griha Pravesh.
• Sapoorva: Post travelling abroad i.e. after the migration; entry of the members to their existing Home is referred to as Sapoorva i.e. Re Griha Pravesh.
• Dwandwah: When members of the House re-enter it after renovation or reconstruction; it’s termed as Dwandwah i.e. Old Griha Pravesh.
Benefits of Griha Pravesh Puja :
• Griha Pravesh Puja brings peace, good fortune, and harmony in the life of the members staying in the new House.
• The Griha Pravesh Havan or Griha Pravesh Yagya is a part of the Griha Pravesh Puja. It purifies the mind, body, and soul of the members of the House and also, purifies and spiritualizes the surrounding and environment of the Home with the holy vibe and a divine ambiance.
• It also marks an auspicious beginning of the new phase of life of the members of the House and for this purpose, only Ganesh Puja is performed while conducting the Griha Pravesh Puja. It also removes all the obstacles.
• Kalash Sthapana Puja which is a part of the Griha Pravesh Puja is performed to accomplish the worship of everything in the universe.
• The Griha Pravesh Puja is a part of the Vastu Shanti Puja and is done in order to appease the Gods and planets so that the owner of the house is blessed with good fortune and all the planets i.e. Navagraha and Vastu God is also worshipped so that no harm can be caused either to the home or it’s inmates.